IASGCON: Abstract Submission, Selection and Presentation Instructions
For abstract submission, the author need not be a member of the association, however he/she should register for the conference before presentation.
Abstracts can be submitted after registering on the site (http://abstract.iasgonline.com) by creating a user name and password. This can be done, by clicking on Log In/Account above. Register as AUTHOR for submitting an abstract. If registered in the past, the same user name and password can be used to login. Last date for submission of abstracts is 31 May. From 1st June to 30th June abstracts can be submitted with a late fee of Rs. 1000/- per abstract. The late fee is payable by electronic transfer in favour of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), by 30th June. The funds transferred electronically must be credited to the IASG account by 5 pm on 1 July. (The fee for abstracts from the same institution may be sent by a combined electronic transfer.) The details of the abstracts for which the late fee is being paid along with the receipt of the electronic transfer should be mailed to email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The account details for electronic transfer of late fee are:
Account name: Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
Account type: Current account
Account number: 30398638128
Bank: State Bank of India
IFSC code: SBIN0004159
Branch: PBB Branch, Rajbhavan Road, Hyderabad
- Avoid any special characters while uploading the abstracts, (as the site will not allow this), e.g. avoid ß, instead type Beta.
- For video presentation, upload a description of the video in text format (Do not upload the video) Video needs to be submitted to the conference secretariat and the details for the same will be on the conference website.
- Prizes will be awarded for abstracts in the poster, oral and video sessions. Abstracts will be selected for various categories like, Award Oral paper, special mention poster, Award video session, Free Oral, Free poster, Free video sessions by peer review.
- For further information, please visit web site or contact by email mentioned below.
- After the last date of submission, all abstracts will be peer reviewed by senior faculty. Evaluating faculty will be blinded to the Authors and the Institute, to avoid any bias. Hence, author(s) are requested not to mention their name(s) or institution(s) in the title and text of the abstract.
- The abstract selection will be completed before 31st August. The decision will be communicated to the authors and the list of categorized abstracts will be available at the website mentioned below in the first/second week of September.
Presentation during the Conference:
- General Instructions:
- All the presenters should register for the conference.
- The first/presenting author should present the paper. Any change will be allowed only by the Chairperson, Scientific Committee or Secretary, IASG.
- Any form of canvassing will disqualify the presenter for the award
- Guidelines for Oral/Special Mention Poster Session
- A mail will be received from the conference secretariat to the authors of the selected abstracts to submit a full manuscript for the oral award session. The details for the same will be available at the website mentioned below
- A PowerPoint will be needed from the authors of the selected abstracts to be submitted to conference secretariat for the Special Mention Poster category. The details for the same will be available at the website mentioned below.
- Guidelines for Oral presentation:
- Power point presentation: Should be previewed by the presenter in the preview room before the final presentation
- The presenter should adhere strictly to the time allotted.
- Guidelines for Poster presentation:
- Size of the poster Height 4ft X Width 3ft.
- Should be readable from about 10 feet away
- Title should be brief and clear
- Text should be clear and to the point
- Use of bullets, numbering, and sub-headings will allow for easy readability
- Use graphics, and different colour and fonts to convey information effectively
- Have a consistent and clear layout
- Include acknowledgments and affiliations
- The poster presenter should be available next to the at the time allocated for poster presentations.
- Guidelines for video presentation:
- The video format should be standard. Please check with the local organising committee for any specific requirements
- Video should be submitted for screening by the local organisers (Will be communicated to the author by the scientific committee)
- The video should be submitted at the earliest to the conference venue once the provisional acceptance mail is received from the Scientific Committee of the IASG.
- Award Oral paper session
- Special mention poster session
- Award Video session
- Free Oral Presentation
- Stomach and Intestine
- Free Poster (Morethan one award may be given in each section if there are good abstracts, at the discretion of the Convenor, Scientific Committee)
- Stomach and Intestine
- Free video session
- E - video session
- Two to three judges from faculty will assess award sessions using predefined objective criteria
- The chairpersons of the award oral paper /special mention poster/award video sessions will be the judges for these sessions.
- In the remaining categories the chairpersons will not be judging the session. Nominated judges by the scientific committee will be in the audience judging the session.
- Convenor, Scientific Committee will compile and finalise the awards in consultation with members of the Scientific Committee
- Entitlements: Certificate of Merit and Cash prize
- Award Oral Presentation Session Rs 10,000.
- Special Mention Poster Rs 7,500.
- Award Video Session Rs 6,000.
- Free Oral Presentation (For each group Rs 5,000)
- Free Poster (For each group Rs 3,000)
- Free Video Session Rs 3,000
- E - Video Session Rs 3,000
- Announcement of results and distribution of awards will be done during valedictory function.
- The Scientific Committees decisions will be final. No representations will be considered.
Web site Link: